- Whip the double cream, sugar, Kahlua and vanilla until it becomes soft peaks.
- Fold through the mascarpone and transfer into a piping bag (with a plain nozzle) and put the cream into the fridge.
- In a small bowl, mix the coffee with the ginger wine. Dip the sponge fingers into the mixture and place in the bottom of a dish (a total of 25 grams per dish). Sprinkle over some of the ginger biscuits (one biscuit per dish).
- Pipe half of the cream on top. Repeat with the coffee-dipped sponge biscuits, crushed ginger biscuits and whipped cream.
- Finish off with some more crushed biscuits and a light dusting of cocoa.
Great served with a tipple or shot of espresso on the side.