To marinate the chicken:
Mix the marinade together, pour over the chicken and rub it in to coat evenly. Set aside while you finish the recipe. This can also be done the day before and left to marinate overnight in the fridge.
To cook the dish:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Stir through the chillies, garlic, spring onions and parsley. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with foil and place the chicken thighs on top. Bake for 25–30 mins or until cooked through. If the chicken needs browning a bit more, place it under a hot grill to colour.
- Blanch the broccoli in hot water for a minute, drain, then transfer to a roasting dish. Drizzle with a little oil and the soy sauce.
- Roast in the oven with the chicken for the last 5–7 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the mixed rice salad and roasted broccoli.